What is it?
PRIME is a 3-year Parya program funded by Ontario Trillium Foundation to support the integration of newcomers into Canadian culture and community.
1. Help newcomers enhance their understanding and use of social media and multimedia so they can more fully engage & integrate into Canadian society in general and their local community in particular;
2. Encourage newcomers to become engaged with diverse ethnic backgrounds via web/ social media;
3. Help expand newcomers social & professional network for increased job opportunities, quality of life;
4. Provide a forum for community-based immigrant focused discussion groups where they can share their perceptions and experiences to voice their interests, concerns passions;
5. Elevate web-savvy media literacy of newcomers to:
a) Reduce isolation
b) Improve English
c) Enhance professional & personal interaction/opportunities